The 22nd annual Wyndham Business Awards have shone a spotlight on our local business champions, once again displaying how the city is going from strength to strength.
Encore Tissue, a Laverton North-based business, was recognised for its resilience in a highly competitive environment at a Wyndham City event on Friday 26th August at the Encore Events Centre.
Dr Karen Davies from Direct Vet Services in Point Cook was named Business Person of the Year for her success in setting up her own business and for gaining a reputation for offering caring and impartial advice to local pet owners.
Magnet Fishing Charters took out the prestigious Mayoral Award – recognised for their positive impact on tourism in Wyndham.
The niche business runs chartered fishing trips from Werribee South, allowing residents and visitors to Wyndham to experience the magnificent Port Phillip Bay.
Gaurav Khanna from Branded Chocolates and Confectionery said he was “absolutely proud and delighted to accept the award” in the manufacturer category.
“It was a great occasion and we were very proud to accept the award,” Mr Khanna said. “I would also like to thank Wyndham City Council, in particular Councillor Gautam Gupta, for his words of encouragement.”
Another 14 businesses were recognised as category winners at the Wyndham Business Awards for their impressive contributions to the Wyndham economy and broader community.
The winners of the 2016 Wyndham Business Awards are:
- New and Emerging – David McCarthy Plumbing
- Franchise – Midas Service Centre Werribee Plaza
- Home Based – Smudge Dog Grooming
- Manufacture Small – Branded Chocolates and Confectionery
- Manufacture Medium-Large – Encore Tissue (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Not for Profit – Westgate Community Initiatives Group
- Retail – Melbourne Fruit and Veg Delivery
- Service Sole Trader – A Dry Bed
- Service Micro – Cat Napping Suburban Retreat
- Service Small – Negotiis Business Advisors and Accountants
- Service Medium – Wyndham Veterinary Clinic
- Tourism and Hospitality Small – Priya Indian Cuisine
- Tourism and Hospitality Medium – Shadowfax Wines
- Transport and Storage – Country Road Logistics Group
- Mayoral Award – Magnet Fishing Charters
- Business Person of the Year – Dr Karen Davies, Direct Vet Services
- Business of the Year – Encore Tissue (Aust) Pty Ltd