Constituent Services

Elected representatives on the Local Council can assist with issues relating to

  • Rubbish collection
  • Rates
  • Sporting fields
  • Residential and commercial development
  • Parks
  • Footpaths
  • Street lighting
  • Signage
  • Council by-laws
  • Animal control

There maybe other significant issues such as childcare centres, respite care centres, doing business within the city or in general raising matters of concern within Council. Councillors may have their own website of you can check sites of your local Council (

Most issues to do issues such as roads, healthcare and education relate to State Government. Elected representatives can assist by raising matters of concern with the local members.

Most common areas of enquiries are

  • Roads and Transport
  • Education
  • Health, ageing and disability services
  • Housing
  • Planning
  • The police
  • The local environment
At times, issues of significance may fall under Federal jurisdiction. Most common issues are:
  • Immigration
  • Aged Care
  • Centrelink
  • Trade
  • Foreign Affairs
  • Higher Education
  • Defence
  • Veterans’ Affairs
  • Telecommunications
  • National Highway
  • Taxation
  • Medicare
  • Aviation and shipping
  • Child Support

If you are not sure which level of government your question relates to, please feel free to send me a message and I will do my best to help you.